Acting Chief Judge of the Federal High court, Justice Abdul Kafarati, has redeployed 10 judges of the Federal High Court to different divisions of the court across Nigeria.
In a circular issued to the affected Judges in this regard, Justice Kafarati stated “In view of the recent circular by the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria regarding the need to clear corruption and Criminal causes,I have decided to reshuffle the current posting of Judges as contained hereunder.”
1. Hon Justice S Saidu from Port harcourt to Lagos
2. Hon Justice B.B Aliyu from Yola to Portharcourt
3. Hon Justice I.M Sani from Lokoja to Uyo
4. Hon Justice I.L Ojukwu from Uyo to Abuja
5. Hon Justice D.U Okoronkwo from Ekiti to Lokoja
6. Hon Justice Agamah from Portharcourt to Ekiti
7. Hon Justice F.O Giwa-Ogunganjo From Abeokuta to Port Harcourt
8. Hon Justice Adamu Turaki Mohammede- Portharcourt to Abeokuta
9. Hon Justice A.M.Z Anka from Lagos to Yola
10. Hon Justice Ibrahim Watila from Portharcourt to Abeokuta
“Affected judges are expected to resume in their new divisions by October 23rd, 2017. The judges shall continue with the hearing of criminal cases currently before them, as well as at least two witnesses have testified.”
© Copyright DNL Legal & Style 2017.
This piece may only be copied on the condition that DNL Legal & Style is duly acknowledged in this manner: “Source: DNL Legal & Style. View the original piece on: (insert Hyperlink)