The Committee recently set up by the Nigerian Bar Association(NBA) to review the NBA Constitution has commenced work in earnest. The Committee was inaugurated by the President of NBA Mallam A.B Mahmoud SAN on 26th September, 2017. In a letter signed by its Chairman, Mallam Yusuf Alli SAN, the Committee calls for memoranda from all stakeholders, branches of the NBA and members of the Legal Profession.
The memo which is to be addressed to the Chairman of the NBA Constitution Review Committee, and sent to the National Secretariat of the NBA at NBA House, Plot 1101, Muhammed Buhari Way, Cadastral Zone A00, Central Business District, Abuja must be submitted on or before Friday 13 day of October, 2017 by 5:00pm in line with the terms of reference below:
The Terms of Reference of the Committee are as follows:
- To thoroughly study the NBA Constitution with a view to identifying areas that require amendment and propose appropriate amendment that will promote the objectives of the Bar.
- To review the NBA Constitution and receive memoranda from members on all aspect of the NBA Constitution that require amendment.
- To propose appropriate amendment in the areas pointed out in the President’s speech where the Constitution is lacking.
- To review and propose amendments as may be deemed necessary to the NBA Constitution.
- To propose amendment(s) that in the opinion of the Committee would bring the NBA Constitution in line with best international practice(s).
- To prepare a draft NBA Constitution for presentation at NEC at the Extra- Ordinary General Meeting within six (6) weeks of inauguration.
- To consult Bar leaders across the Country on its Terms of Reference and reflect inputs.
- To do any other activity (ies) incidental to the above terms of Reference.
For further enquiries, contact:
Ajijola Omega Sarah 08039177886
Damilara Ojo 07086497580
© Copyright DNL Legal & Style 2017.
This piece may only be copied on the condition that DNL Legal & Style is duly acknowledged in this manner: “Source: DNL Legal & Style. View the original piece on: (insert Hyperlink)