The Chief Judge of Edo State inaugurates a committee to monitor the activities of lower courts in Edo State. The Chief Judge, during the inauguration told the committee, that it was constituted in line with the directive by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Hon. W. N. S. Onnoghen that each state of the Federation should have a committee to monitor the activities of the lower bench.
The committee is expected to monitor officers of the lower courts like irregular attendance of work, leaving the office at will, racketeering or soliciting for gratification before performing official duties, delay in performance of official duties etc.
The committee is made up of;
- Sir S. O. Odigie (Hon. Commissioner, Judicial Service Commission) – Chairman
- Mohammed O. Yamah (Hon.Commissioner, Judicial Service Commission) –Member
- Hon. Joe L. Ekpenkhio (Hon. Commissioner, Judicial Service Commission) –Member
- Austin Omofoman (Hon. Commissioner, Judicial Service Commission) –Member
- A. E. Aibaogun (Chief Inspector of Courts) –Member
- M. U. Iluobe (Chief Magistrate Special Grade, Director, Inspectorate Division) –Member
Responding, the Chairman of the Committee, Sir S. O. Odigie, Esq., thanked the Chief Judge for the opportunity given to them to serve, and promised that the committee will take the assignment very serious to do this self-cleansing exercise.
The committee is expected to swing into action immediately.