Let me take a break from Presidential Hopefuls for the 2018 NBA General Elections. I guess the contest has been narrowed down, pending the time permutation changes, let me move on to another crucial position; the General Secretary.
By the provision of the 2015 NBA Constitution, the functions of the General Secretary are to :
1. Take charge of the National Secretariat.
2. Summon AGM, NEC Meetings or other Meetings of the Association.
3. Record and Keep Minutes of Meetings.
4. Write and dispatch circulars, letters and other correspondences of the Association including that of NEC.
5. Keep a roll of Members and up-to-date list of NBA Branches.
6. Furnish Annual return of special report of the activities of the Association or any of its organs at the AGC.
Surely, these functions are not for a light-headed fellow. They are functions for a Bar Man who is responsive and responsible; charismatic and dedicated; accessible and reliable; well lettered and coordinated. His quest for perfection must be top notch. He must be a team player who would be willing to work cooperatively with every member of the National Executive, particularly the NBA President.
From the whispering on the street, the position of the Genral Secretary of the NBA may be unopposed leaving one Mobolaji Ojibara as the sole candidate for the post. Why would the post be left for only the Mobolaji Ojibara? Who is this Mobolaji Ojibara? What are his antecedents? What are his potentials and values? This and more are what I would be looking at presently.