Achieving an exceptional grade in school is the desire of most students. However only few students get to attain this feat. These are students who have shown an unabridged commitment and dedication to their studies.
Ndubuisi Chiedozie last week at the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) 48th Convocation Ceremony clearly showed that academic excellence is achievable if you set your mind on it and work towards it by graduating best in his class with a first class honours on a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 4.64 out of a total possible 5.0.
At the University Convocation Award Ceremony which held on Thursday, 29th November, 2018 at the Princess Alexandra Auditorium, UNN, Ndubuisi Chiedozie bagged eight awards namely
- Best Graduating student Faculty of Law (first class Honours)
- Best Graduating student Department of Law and Jurisprudence. (first class Honours).
- Best Graduating student Department of Private and Public Law (first class Honours).
- Best Graduating student Department of Property Law (first class Honours).
- Sole Ajibola Academic prize to the Best Graduating student in Jurisprudence (first class Honours).
- J. Nnadi (SAN) Prize to the best final year student in Evidence and procedure (first class Honours).
- Okey Akobundu prize to Best Graduating student in two final year courses of faculty of law;
-Company and partnership law.
Jurisprudence and Legal theory (first class Honours).
- Chukwudifu Ubaezuenu Memorial prize to the Best final year student in Environmental law. (first class Honours)
A spectacular thing about the young star graduate was his ability to combine academics and extracurricular activities. Chiedozie as a student served in different capacity-
He was Director of public prosecutions (DPP), Law Students’ Association 2017; Christian Law students Association( CLASFON) Assistant Academic Coordinator 2016; Founding president of The Glossators, a student’s clubs that discusses contemporary legal issues 2016; Chairman, Ethics and Privileges Committee, University of Nigeria Students Bar Association 2018; Chairman, Examination council, University of Nigeria Students Bar Association 2017; Principal Partner, Gani Fawehinmi Chambers, University of Nigeria Students Bar Association 2018 and Senior Advocate, University of Nigeria 2017.
Chiedozie is currently proceeding to the Nigerian Law School for vocational training in law and hopes to be of value physically, intellectually and leadership wise in the legal profession.
Sent in by USIAGU, Kingsley Kenchor (Chiedozie’s friend and course mate)