From the ECNBA:
“The Electoral Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, following the feedback and reports received from voters, stakeholders and also from continuing engagement with the service provider, the ECNBA is happy to state that there has been significant and positive improvement on the functionality of the verification portal.
- Delivery of Access codes to voters via email and SMS have improved.
- The life-span of Access codes delivered has been extended so they do not
expire too quickly.
- The call center/help line established for members to report challenges has
been working round the clock.
The ECNBA notes however, that many colleagues are reporting that their names cannot be found on the verification portal, it is observed that this is primarily from the manner the data was submitted by the branches. However, this is also being addressed.
The ECNBA assures that it is working with the Service provider to further improve the functionality of the portal and we are also working with the Bar Services Department to ensure all queries and issues are addressed and no registered voter will be disenfranchised.
Having carefully reviewed the current situation and given the complaints and queries that need to be addressed, the ECNBA considers it necessary to further review the timelines as follows:
- The verification portal shall remain open until 10.00am on Sunday 5th
- The accreditation and e-voting will commence at 11.59 pm Monday, 6th
August 2018 and end at 11.59 pm on Wednesday, 8th August, 2018.
We continue to implore our members to cooperate with us as we work to ensure that all issues are addressed and the election is free, fair and credible. We encourage members to avail themselves of this opportunity.”