In the last couple of days, the Electoral Committee Nigerian Bar Association (ECNBA) received various complaints over the inability of members to verify their names on the verification portal deployed by the service provider. In response to the complaints, the ECNBA held series of consultations with different stakeholders to resolve the unfortunate difficulties. It is against this backdrop that the Committee deemed it necessary to modify the activities and adjust the timelines for the 2018 NBA National Officers Elections as follows:
- The verification portal (www.nbaelectionverification.org.ng) shall be closed immediately and no longer be available for members to access.
- E-voting exercise earlier scheduled to commence at 11:59 p.m on the 6th August 2018 will no longer hold.
- Members who have successfully verified will be informed accordingly. They are advised not to seek to access the portal or change anything.
- A redesigned and more user friendly verification portal with inbuilt security architectures to ensure a seamless verification of voters shall be in place and available as from 12:00 noon Wednesday, 8th August 2018 to 12:00 noon Saturday 11th August 2018.
- Members who have not been successfully verified are to update their email addresses, phone numbers, enrollment number (SCN) and names on the redesigned verification portal.
- No new names other than those contained in the published final Voters Register shall be verified on the new redesigned platform.
- Verification by proxy or impersonation of any kind shall not be allowed on the new verification portal as such activity shall be treated as a breach of the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Reconciliation of the verified data shall take place from 12th to 15th August 2018.
- The final verified list will be published on the NBA website on the 16th August 2018.
- Election will hold from 19th to 20th of August 2018.
- Further guidelines on the voting modalities shall be issued.
The ECNBA apologizes to members for inconveniences experienced in the course of the verification exercise and solicits for the cooperation and understanding of members.
Dated 6th August 2018
Prof. Auwalu Yadudu Bolaji A. Agoro, Esq
Chairman (ECNBA) Secretary (ECNBA)
© Copyright DNL Legal & Style 2017.
This piece may only be copied on the condition that DNL Legal & Style is duly acknowledged in this manner: “Source: DNL Legal & Style. View the original