The Electoral Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association (ECNBA) have announced 30th and 31st July as new date for the 2018 Election. The above is contained in a statement issued by the Electoral Committee Secretary.
RE: NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE IN ELECTIONS DATE
Following consultations with the NBA Executive, Bar Leaders, aspirants and stakeholders on the 2018 national officers election, it has become necessary that the dates for the elections earlier scheduled to hold between Friday 27th and Saturday 28th July 2018 be adjusted to accommodate the valued inputs and resolutions arrived at the said consultations held on 19th and 20th July, 2018.
For effective check and balance and credibility of the election, the electoral processes of pre-election, election and post-election shall be disaggregated and handled by separate entities.
To this end, the ECNBA hereby issues an amended timetable as follows:
1. Appointment of a new service provider to carry out the verification of voters exercise will take place on Monday, 23rd July, 2018.
2. Cleaning up of voters register with the inputs of technical advisers of the aspirants will take place on Tuesday, 24 and Wednesday, 25 July, 2018.
3. Verification and data upgrade of voters shall take place on Thursday 26th, Friday 27th and Saturday 28th July, 2018.
4. Accreditation of voters will take place between 10:00 hour of Sunday 29th to 10:00 hour of Monday 30th July, 2018.
5. Voting will take place between 11:59am on Monday, 30th and end at the hour of 11:59am on Tuesday 31st July, 2018.
6. Announcement of elections results shall be on Tuesday, 31st July, 2018 after the final collation of votes cast.
7. The Committee shall come up with the modalities for the verification and accreditation procedures later.
Meanwhile, members are advised in their own interest not to attempt to verify the data of another as the ECNBA is collating the names and particulars of those who made such despicable attempts during the aborted exercise. Voters are warned that any attempt to impersonate another will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agencies. Such names will also be forwarded to the Disciplinary Committee of the NBA for appropriate sanctions.
The ECNBA is committed to delivering free, fair, credible and transparent elections. We also solicit for the cooperation of our colleagues in this regard.