All Nigerians from the age of sixteen and above are eligible to have a National Identification Number. It has been mandated for every legal citizen and resident of Nigeria to enroll for the National Identification Number.
- Assisted service
- Online Service Pre Registration
- Walk into an Enrollment Centre and pick up an enrolment form.
- Fill in the enrolment form and provide all the required demographic information.
- Submit your completed form to the Enrolment Officer who will collect your form and imputes the details you have provided on your form into their system.
- You will be asked to confirm and verify the data entered into their system.
- Your headshot photograph, fingerprints, and signature will be captured.
- Your supporting documents will be collected and scanned by the Enrolment Officer.
- Once your enrolment is completed and verified, two slips will be generated and given to you: a transaction slip and a NIN slip indicating the completion of your enrolment.
For assisted service, the steps are the same as listed above under self-service. But unlike the self-service, you don’t fill the enrolment form on your own. You can fill out your enrolment form with the help of a Support Officer.
The Support Officer will guide you and assist you in filling out the form correctly.
Online Pre registration
- Visit the NIMC website: http://www.nimc.gov.ng/ to access the Enrollment Form.
- Fill the Enrollment Form online with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
- Go to the enrollment center, where an enrollment officer scans the barcode to pull up your information from the database.
- Complete with headshot photograph, fingerprints and signature would then be captured and the rest above.
Supporting documents for enrolment?
- Old National Identity Card if you have one.
- Valid driver’s licence if you have one.
- International passport if you have one.
- Voter’s Identification Card (PVC).
- Government Staff Identification Card if you have one.
- The certificate of your state of origin or Local government certificate.
- Birth certificate or declaration of age.
- Any other valid identification document that is accepted by the National Identity Management Commission.