The Law Students’ Association of Nigeria is pleased to unveil the 2019 LAWSAN NATIONAL CONVENTION, scheduled to hold as follows:
Date: 21st – 26th April, 2019.
Venue: Nile University, Abuja – Nigeria
Theme: “Defining the Future: Law Students in the Legal Profession“
Being the greatest and most important event for Nigerian law students, the LAWSAN Convention will consolidate on the successes and flaws of the 2018 Convention and, as expressed by the theme, will create a clear roadmap to the prospects of Nigeria’s legal profession.
The Convention will assemble critical stakeholders and resource persons in Nigeria and from around the globe to interface with law students and add value to the events. Deliberately placed at Nigeria’s capital city and geographical centre, this year’s convention will feature stimulating lectures, panel sessions, workshops, syndicate sessions, roundtable discussions, networking opportunities, social events and hangouts, moot and mock courts, a grand law dinner, the LAWSAN national elections, etc.
This year’s convention will be unprecedented and will offer the most beneficial exposure. Members are therefore enjoined to look forward to further details from the national secretariat.
LAWSAN NATIONAL CONVENTION: REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
Take Notice that the registration guidelines for the 2019 LAWSAN Convention are stated hereunder:
- Registration opens on the 9th of February and closes on the 10th of April, 2018.
- Each chapter shall register a maximum of 20 delegates, and may only register more upon the approval of a written request for extension by the National Executive Council.
- Each chapter shall pay a compulsory Chapter Registration Fee of fifteen thousand Naira only.
- Delegates’ registration fees are as follows:
- Early Bird Registration (9th February – 28th February): N8,500
- Regular Registration (1st March – 31st March) : N10,000
- Late Registration (1st April – 10th April): N12,500
- The host University’s delegates and those who desire so may pay the sum of six thousand five hundred naira which shall entitle them to all benefits of participation, exclusive however of accommodation.
- All payments shall be made to the LAW STUDENTS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA account with account number 0065503354 (Sterling Bank PLC).
- Each chapter should register its available delegates as soon as that are ready and may do so in instalments to enable them access a first-come-first-serve delegates’ registration number.
- All payments are nonrefundable and participation in the convention is strictly by registration.
- Further details of resource persons, schedules of events, etc. shall be published in due course.
- All debtors to the association shall reconcile with the financial secretary before they go ahead with registration.
- All correspondence and enquiries shall be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
+2348034303922 (Khalifa), and/or 08140492523 (Nelly).