The Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee is calling on interested persons to submit application for the award of the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria.
The notice to this effect Signed by Hadizatu Uwani Mustapha, Esq., Chief Registrar of Supreme Court/Secretary of the Legal Practitioner’s Privileges Committee, reads:
By the combined provisions of Section 5(2 ) of the Legal Practitioners Act, laws of the Federation 2004 and Regulation 9, Guidelines of the Legal Practitioners’ Privilege’s Committee 2018. The Committee hereby make a formal call for SAN Applications preparatory to the award of the rank for the year 2020.
Proceeding on the above, application forms are now on sale, to be obtained by two options- namely:
OPTION A ‘SAN 2020’— PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN HARDCOPY
- Any interested Applicant must pay a non-refundable processing fee of six hundred thousand naira (600.000.00) only, at any Nationwide Branch of Zenith Bank PLC, through Account Name: Legal Practitioners’ Privilege* Committee (SAN), Account Number: to 1014103141 or at any Nationwide branch of Guaranty Trust Bank PLC, Account, No. 0213662834. Sort Code: 058083231.
- Upon conclusion of payment, Applicant to proceed to the Office of the Chief Registrar, Supreme Court of Nigeria, Supreme Court Complex, Three Arms Zone, Abuja together with the evidence of payment (i.e. original bank teller) to obtain a hard copy of the application form.
OPTION B ‘SAN 2020′- PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN E— COPY
Any interested Applicant is at liberty to use the LPPC multi-channel online process from the 11th day of November, 2019. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the LPPC Registration Portal lppcsans.org
- Register to create an account by providing some basic information.
- A confirmation email would be sent to Applicant.
- Applicant should follow the instructions in the email to activate the account.
- Applicant should login to the LPPC Registration Portal, using their email password.
- Applicant should login to the LPPC Registration Portal, using their email and password.
- Applicant will generate and print an invoice to be used in making payment at any of the bank branches using Pay Direct platform. Invoice generated specifies that payment must be done on PayDirect and Applicant should never make direct lodgment to LPPC account else their payment will not be recognised.
- Applicant can also make payment on Quickteller website quickteller.com by selecting Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee
- After payment at the bank or on Quickteller. Applicant can log in to the LPPC’ portal to download the application form. Log into portal by using the email and password.
- But Applicant must submit completed form together with mandatory requirements at the LPPC Secretariat.
DIRECTIVES TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS ON SUBMISSION OF THEIR RESPECTIVE FORMS
- All completed application forms together with mandatory supporting documents (bound together) must be submitted at the Secretariat of the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee, Supreme Court of Nigeria Complex, Abuja Ground Floor, on or before 31st day of January, 2020 at 9 pm.
- As a corollary to the above, any submission after the deadline of 31’m January, 2020 at 9 pm, shall be treated as non-submission.
- Additionally, all Applicants (either advocates or academics) must provide clear and legible documents that will ultimately be presented to the Practitioners’ Privileges Committee, preparatory the award of the rank of SAN 2020. This means that only clear copies of materials presented shall be found acceptable by the Secretariat in compliance with Regulation 9(2), Guidelines of the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee 2018. These materials/ documents include- judgments; certified true copies of complete record of proceedings and any other additional process. See the Guidelines of the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee 2018 and further directives contained in the application forms. Based on the LPPC Guidelines, academics are to present clear and legible publications and additional prerequisites (Tax receipts, National Practicing fees, Local Bar dues et al) during submission. See Regulation 18, LPPC Guidelines 2018. It is to be noted that any application together with supporting documents submitted in a manner contrary to the directives of the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee will be rejected by the Secretariat.
- For any enquiries/information, send an electronic mail to the Secretary, Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee via email@example.com