According to Emmanuel Etietop Esq., President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Mr. Paul Usoro SAN has broken all the past records in the leadership of the NBA. In a post circulated widely and attributed to Emmanuel, the seven points highlighted below are the reason for his assertion.
A member of the NBA who attended the recently concluded NEC meeting in Abuja confirmed Mr. Emmanuel’s assertions to DNL Legal and Style. “I confirm those points to you my sister. As a matter of fact, there are other things that have not been written. Let us just say Mr. Usoro has tried, so far so good. We should keep our fingers crossed for now and reduce criticism unless they are constructive. so, yes, Emmanuel is right, the man is doing well” he stated.
Below are the points highlighted by Emmanuel:
- His regime has never incurred any debt for NBA. All the debts are those incurred by past regimes.
- Our president has remitted already 10% practising fees to the branches. Past presidents failed to do this.
- Our president presents quarterly financial statements at every NEC meeting.
- The winner of NBA raffle draw was given a brand new car as promised by the president.
- For the first time NEC meeting has been held without NBA making request to government for financial aid. Some members who were approached willingly donated to subsidize the hosting. They are encouraged by the achievements of Mr. President’s government.
- Almost all the co opted NEC members were there at their own expense; joyfully making personal sacrifices to move NBA forward. This is the first time in the history of NBA.
- Finally, our president has the capacity for future forecasting. He explained to NEC that the NBA’s main income is the practising fees and it is seasonal (January to March). Ability to manage the economic boom of first quarter and spread the surplus from April to December so that we may not owe is key. This was the Joseph’s technology by using savings from the boom of 7 years to overcome the doom of the following 7 years in Genesis 41: 33-36.
A second ruler who applied this Joseph technology is commended in the bible thus in Acts of the Apostles 24 : 2 NIV “We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you; your FORESIGHT has brought about reforms in this nation.”