The National Social Insurance Trust Fund – NSITF Compliance certificate is one of the major document required by any contractors or supplier dealing with the Federal government of Nigeria.
National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) is a Social Insurance Scheme designed to provide compensation to employees who suffer from occupational diseases, sustain injuries or disability from an accident at the workplace or in the course of employment, whether at the usual place of work or outside it. It also ensures compensation to the employee next-of-kin in case of death in the course of work.
follow the guidelines below to commence registration
* A Scanned Copy of Official Logo/Seal
* A Scanned Copy of Signature all in GIF, JPEG or PNG Format(Size: 200kb/200 x 200px)
* All Employees’ Record typed in Microsoft Excel and saved in CSV (Comma Delimited) format for Windows and Windows CSV format for Mac users. Click HERE to see Sample.
Visit NSITF website Click on Employer’s Registration and Fill in the following;
- Particulars for the business.
- Total Staff Emolument.
- Business Sector Category.
- Details of Employer and Company’s Contact Person.
- Upload of Signature and Company Logo. (Ensure the pictures are in the right file format and size).
- Click Complete to Submit the Registration.
- A Confirmation email will be sent. This email will include the Transaction code, ECS code, Login password and the information filled in the registration process.
- Click on the RED inscription by the Left hand of the page.
- Or go back to NSITF Home page, click on Employer’s login.
- Type in the ECS Code as the Username and the login Password as Password (from the confirmation email) and Log in.
- On the Employee Registration Page, perform the following:
- Choose file to select the already prepared Employees’ document and Click Upload or Please Click on the CSV document Highlighted in RED to download a sample of the document (it is an excel document).
- Fill in all required Employee details, leaving the NSITF Employee Number Column blank. Click Choose File to select the document.
- Click Upload and Log Out.
An email from email@example.com will be sent. The message will show the invoice number, and the 1% calculation of the Total staff emolument for one year.
your total payment is dependent upon your year of Company registration beginning from 30th June 2011 (Startup Period for ECS Scheme) till date. (i.e. 1% calculation multiplied by the number of years since 2011).
Proceed to any of these BANKS to make deposit or pay online via REMITA to complete the Registration. Or to find the list of Banks click on Resource Documents link on the Main menu of the Homepage, then Click on ECS Bank Collection Accounts on the left-hand corner of the page.
Then proceed to any NSITF branch offices close to you with the duplicate of your
1. Deposit slip
2. Print out from registration and other supporting documents like
* Incorporation/ Registration Certificate
* Tax Receipt and Tax Clearance certificate (as the case maybe) for validation and processing of NSITF Receipt/NSITF Certificate.