The Nigerian Bar Association, Ibadan branch held its election on Saturday, June 27, 2020 to usher in new executive members.
Eleven offices were contested for with the following persons elected to steer the affairs of NBA Ibadan Branch for the 2020-2022 Executive year:
1. Chairman – Mr. Olayinka Esan
2. Vice Chairman – Adelayo Abibat Oriekun (Mrs.)
3. Secretary – Yusuff Raimi
4. Assistant Secretary – Adejorin David Abiona
5. Welfare Secretary – Oladoyin Fesobi (Mrs.)
6. Treasurer – Olapeju Kolawole (Mrs.)
7. Financial Secretary – Jumoke Abu-Okolo (Mrs.)
8. Publicity Secretary – Mahmudat Yussuf (Ms.)
9. Social Secretary – Adebayo Oseni, Esq
10. Legal Adviser- Olusola Kehinde Oyewale
11. Provost – Eigbe Alright Osajie
12. NEC Representative – Mr. Adekola Kareem
The newly elected executive members were issued Certificates of Return by the Chairman of the Electoral Committee, Mr. Dipo Olasope SAN and were subsequently sworn in at the Aare Afe Babalola Bar Centre, Iyaganku Ibadan by Hon. Justice Bayo Taiwo who administered the Oath of Office which brings to an end the tenure of Dr. Oluwole Akintayo led executive.
The newly elected Chairman of the Premier Bar, Mr. Olayinka Esan, in his inaugural speech solicited for the cooperation of members of the Branch.