Lagos State High Court has reshuffled judges within the state. This is contained in a circular issued by the chief Judge of the State, Honourable Justice K. O Alogba as follows:
- ALL HONUORABLE JUDGES
- CHIEF REGISTRAR
- DCR (ADMIN) LAGOS
- DCR (ADMIN) IKEJA
- DIR ADMIN AND HUMAN RESOURCE
- ACR (LITIGATION) IKEJA
- ACR (LITIGATION) LAGOS.
- This posting takes immediate effect.
- Judges are requested to take along with them all part-heard matters i.e. part-heard trials ruling and judgment yet to be delivered case management matters which have commenced and are yet to be concluded. Upon conclusion the CMC files shall be sent to the Hon. Admin. Judge of the Division of origin.
- The Registrars in the Family Courts are to make two separate lists· one for matters involving children to be forwarded to the Family Court at Ikeja to be headed by Hon. Justice M. Olokoba. In the Lagos Division the Family Court shall be headed by Hon. Justice S. Candide-Johnson.
- Registrars shall make two copies of the list of pending matters to be left behind in their Courts and submit one copy each to the Hon. Judge and the incoming Hon. Judge.
- All members of staff attached to each Hon. Judge shall go with their Judge to their new Division without exception.
- All Hon. Judges shall take only their personal effects with them when they leave their present Chambers. All furniture electronics safes air conditioners CCTV etc. shall not be removed. The Auditor shall take inventory. The Judges should also take inventory of the items left in Chambers
- All keys to Chambers shall be handed over by Hon. Judges to the DCR (Admin.) not later than the 31st day of August.
- All Hon. Judges should please make the contents of this Circular known to their Registrar and other staff.
- I wish all Hon. Judges a successful tenure in their new division.
- Thank you for making this a smooth and peaceful exercise.
Taking too long?
Reload document| Open in new tab