The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) President Elect, Mr. Olumide Akpata has set up a Transition Committee made up of 12 distinguished members of the profession.
The Transition Committee members are expected to work with the President’s counterpart Transition Committee to ensure a smooth transition.
Members of the 12 member committee include:
1. George Etomi – NBA Lagos – Chairman
2. Prof. Peter Akper, SAN – NBA Abuja – Vice-Chairman
3. Joyce Oduah – NBA Lagos (General Secretary-elect)
4. Chibueze Oguchienti – NBA Onitsha
5. Yemi Akangbe – NBA Lagos
6. Damian Nosike – NBA Owerri
7. Yemi Oke – NBA Lagos
8. Rose Briggs – NBA PH
9. Aysha Ahmed – NBA Zaria
10. Mercy Agada – NBA Oturkpo (Treasurer-elect)
11. Deborah Achanya – NBA Minna
12. Isaiah Bozimo – NBA Abuja – Committee Secretary
Having scored the highest vote at the recently concluded NBA general election, Mr. Akpata would be sworn in as the 30th President of the Nigerian Bar Association during the 2020 NBA AGC.