The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), has released the registration guideline for the commencement of the phase II registration for the members’ health insurance scheme which was earlier initiated by the Akpata led administration.
The guideline is contained in a Notice issued by the National Welfare Secretary of the Association, Kunle Edun.
“In further continuation of the Vision Well-being objective of the present administration, the NBA President, Olumide Akpata has authorized the commencement of the 2nd phase of the registration for the Group, Individual and Family Social Health Insurance Program (GIFSHIP) by members of the NBA.
For registration formalities, Intending enrollees are to comply with the following guidelines
1. Fill the NBA customized registration form with all the necessary details. Each form is to be completed by each applicant. The scheme is the Group, Individual and family social health insurance program (GIFSHIP).
2. Pay the sum of N15, 000 as a registration fee per person into the designated NBA account and retain evidence of payment (teller, e-receipts). Attach the original copy of the receipt to the form. The bank account is
Nigerian Bar Association
Access Bank Plc.
3. If any intending enrollee wishes to include members of his family or law firm in the scheme, the sum of N15, 000 shall be paid for each additional person in the family or law firm. A separate form shall also be filled by each applicant. The names and contact information of each of the family members or law firm must be clearly written and provided, alongside evidence of payment. Members of the family for this purpose are the spouses and children.
4. Attach copies of evidence of payment of the 15,000 per person, Bar Practicing fee, and branch dues as at when due. Affix applicant’s passport photograph. BPF and branch dues requirement is mandatory only for all applicants that are members of the Nigerian Bar Association.
5. Completed registration forms should be submitted to the Chairman of the applicant’s branch, along with the original copy of evidence of payment of the N15,000 and copies of the BPF and branch dues, paid on or before March 31st.
6. Branch Chairman would confirm in writing intending enrollee’s (where he is a lawyer) membership of the branch and forward all the applications to the General Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association, NBA House, Plot 1101, Muhammadu Buhari Way, Central District, Abuja, with NBA Health Insurance written at the top right-hand corner of the envelope.
7. All who are members of the NBA must provide their SCN and affix their NBA stamps and seals on the registration forms.
8. In choosing a hospital, intending enrollees are advised to choose hospitals that are closest to their place of residence and which are registered with the NHIS.
8. Intending enrollees are advised to read the attached documents and understand same before completing the registration forms. The following documents are attached herewith:
a. The NHIS enrollment program.
b. Rights of the enrollees.
c. The NBA Customized Registration Form.
d. List of hospitals registered with NHIS.
e. Introduction to the NHIS GIFSHIP benefit package.
f. The GIFSHIP pamplet.
9. The registration forms must be filled in CAPITAL LETTERS.
For further inquiries, please contact the following persons:
Kunle Edun 08038695936