The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Lagos Branch has set up a 20 member committe for the induction and placement of new wigs.
The Committee, which is to be chaired by Dr Bode Olanipekun, SAN, has the following as its terns of reference:
1. To organise induction and placement programme to familiarise lawyers just called to the Nigerian Bar (New wigs) and have relocated to Lagos upon completion of the compulsory National Youth Service (where applicable) with the activities of the branch and law firms and related organisations within Lagos;
2. To develop and maintain a comprehensive list of members of the branch who are new wigs or have just relocated to Lagos upon call to the Nigerian Bar or completion of the compulsory National Youth Service.
3. To liaise with and continously maintain a list of law firms and other organisations within the area of competence of the branch to seek out vacancies and other opportunities available to new wigs and lawyers and lawyers that have relocated to Lagos upon completion of the compulsory National Youth Service.
4. To guide the new wigs in maximising the opportunities available to them.
5. To carry out any other functions that are incidental to the functions above or as may be assigned to it by the Chairman or the Executive Committee.
A first of its kind in Nigeria, the Committee is a brain child of the newly inaugurated Ikechukwu Uwanna led Executives.
a comprehensive list of all the members of the committee and their detailed contact is attached below: