The President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Mr. Olumide Akpata has announced a 100% increase in the life assurance benefit of members of the Association.
By this increase, members are now entitled to N2m life benefit.
Mr. Akpata announced this in the statement below:
“I am pleased to inform you that we have just concluded a Memorandum of Understanding with Leadway Assurance which enhances the insurance products and benefits for all our financial members.
Under this new arrangement, all lawyers who paid their BPF on or before 31st March can (at no extra cost to them) have access to the following:
1. N2mn as Life Insurance cover (this is a 100% increase from what used to be N1mn);
2. N1mn for any ailment that qualifies as Critical Illness under the policy (with a further N1mn payanle if the member unfortunately passes);
3. N1mn for Accidental Permanent Disability (with a further N1mn if the member unfortunately passes);
4. N60,000 to cover any medical expenses related to accidents; and
5. Free telemedicine access for lawyers with medical doctors approved by Leadway.
We have also agreed to a more simplified process of making claims under the policy.
The negotiations that got us to this stage have been tough and long-drawn but I am pleased that we finally have this agreement in place and that it will kick off immediately.
As you may be aware, the foregoing is different from the Medical Health Insurance Scheme that we are currently negotiating with the NHIS and I will very shortly be providing you with preliminary details of the NBA-NHIS Pilot Scheme via a separate post.
I remain grateful for your continued support and for your effective management of our branches and I encourage you all to ensure that our members are able to access these and others welfare oriented programs that we are putting in place for their benefit.”