LEGAL PRACTICE DISCOURSE WEBINAR ON “WAY OUT OF SLOW PACE OF ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE IN NIGERIA” IS ON 25 NOVEMBER 2021, AT 3PM
There is no need for prior registration. Just use the zoom link to join on the scheduled time and date. The Webinar which is the second in LPD Forum’s Webinar series, is scheduled to hold as follows:
- Date: November 25, 2021.
- Theme:Way Out of Slow Pace of Administration of Justice In Nigeria.
- LEAD SPEAKERS:
- Abubakar Abdulhamid: Hon Attorney-General & Commissioner for Justice, Bauchi State; Immediate Past Chairman NBA, Bauchi Branch
- Musa Adamu Aliiu, Ph.D: Hon Attorney-General & Commissioner for Justice, Jigawa State;
- Chief Ferdinand Orbih, SAN: Managing Partner, Ferd Orbih and Co., Nigeria
- Ibrahim Sule, LL.M: Lecturer, Nigerian Law School, Kano Campus.
- Matthew Nwankwo, Ph.D:Lecturer, Facultay of Law, University of Nigeria.
- Olaitan Eyiowuawi, LL,.M: Solicitor at Bethel Solicitors, London
- WEBINAR TOPICS:
- Agitation for Judicial Autonomy: Implications for the Nigerian Legal Profession.
(Abubakar Abdulhamid, Esq.)
- Adopting the Election Petition Model as a Means of Fast-tracking Justice Delivery in the Regular Court System: Problems and Prospects.
(Matthew Nwankwo, Ph.D)
- Developing an Effective Online–Filing and Onliney-Service Model as a Way Out of Justice Delay in Nigeria. (Olaitan Eyiowuawi, Esq, LLM).
- Decongesting the Courts in Nigeria through Effective Legislation & Judicial Activism. (Chief Ferdinand Orbih, SAN)
- Developing a Permanent Solution to the Frequent Face-offs among Stakeholders in the Process of Appointment of State Chief Judges in Nigeria. (Musa Adamu Aliu, Ph.D)
- Fast-tracking Court Trials Through Efficient Deployment of ICT: Practical Recommendations for Nigeria.(Ibrahim Sule, Esq.)
- WEBINAR MODERATOR:Aik Malik, SAN.
- Click on this Zoom Link below at 3pm, on November 25, 2021, to join the meeting (no need for prior registration):
- Zoom Meeting ID:889 5396 0526.
- Zoom Meeting Passcode:
- FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES, CONTACT:
- +234(0)8033275495, +234(0)8109024556.
- ABOUT THE LPD FORUM:
- LEGAL PRACTICE DISCOURSE (LPD) is a forum/project for articulation and promotion of discussions, thoughts, and actions onemerging trends and development of Law, Law Practice & Procedures, Law Reform and reform of the Bar and Bench, Advancement of Legal Education and the Law Profession in Nigeria, and articulation of in law, legal profession, law practice, and education in Nigeria. LPD Members (LPDites) are drawn from among Attoneys-General, Hon Life Benchers, Learned Senior Advocates and Professors, the Academia, young lawyers, and the top echelon of Law Practice andthe Human Rights Community in Nigeria — whether resident within or outside Nigeria.
- Thank you in anticipation of your attendance.