For the first time in history, the application for the award of the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) for 2022 shall be made online.
In a press release issued by the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (LPPC), the online application portal has opened and eligible applicants are now able to apply.
Below is the statement in part:
By the combined provisions of Section 5(2) of the Legal Practitioners Act Cap L.11 Laws of the Federation 2004 and Regulation 9 of the Guidelines for the Conferment of the Senior Advocate of Nigeria 2018 (the Guidelines), the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee( LPPC or the Committee), hereby makes a formal call for the application preparatory to the award of the rank of the year 2022 Commencing with this years’ exercise, applications shall only be made online and prospective applicants are directed to visit: www.lppconline.com to make their applications
DIRECTIVES TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS ON SUBMISSION OF RESPECTIVE APPLICATIONS
- Application portal lppconline.comwill be open to the general public at 12:00pm on 1st January, 2022.
- An applicant must pay a non-refundable processing fee of six hundred thousand Naira (600,000.00) only to any of the following accounts held in the name of “Legal Practitioner Privileges Committee: at any Nationwide Branch of Zenith Bank PLC, through Account Name:
Account Number: 1014103141, at Zenith Bank Plc, Account Number: 1014103141or at Guaranty Trust Bank PLC.
- Upon conclusion of payment, an applicant should upload a copy of the evidence of payment on the application portal. The Applicant will receive an email notification from the LPPC Secretariat confirming the Applicant’s payment and clearing the Applicant to proceed with the application process online.
- Applicants (Whether Advocates or Academic) must upload clear and legible copies of all mand6or supporting documents that are required by the Guidelines for the purpose of their application on the application portal. Only clear copies of materials presented shall be considered acceptable by the Secretariat in compliance with Regulations 9(2) of the Guidelines. In the case of Academic applicants who may wish to submit publication that are too voluminous to be sufficient to scan and upload the title page of such publication, while submitting the hard copies along with the flash drives referred to below.
- After uploading copies of all mandatory or supporting documents online, applicants shall also submit five drives containing a copy of their completed application form (to be downloaded from the online portal) as well as copies of all the mandatory and supporting documents uploaded on the online platform to the LPPC Secretariat.
- Any application together with supporting documents submitted in a manner contrary to the directive of the LPPC as enumerated above will be rejected by the Secretariat.
- All applications together with their mandatory or supporting documents must be submitted online at lppconline.com before 11:59pm on 31st March, 2022, while the flash drives referred to above must be delivered to the LPPC Secretariat before 12 noon on 1st April.
- Any submission made after the deadlines stipulated above shall be treated as a non-submission.
For any enquiries/information, applicants shall send an email to the Secretary, Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee via email@example.com