The Africa Construction Law Conference builds on the success of the inaugural edition which attracted a high level of interest, globally. In particular, the 2022 edition had delegates attend in-person from various jurisdictions including London, Paris, Portugal, United Arab Emirates, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Senegal Cote d’Ivoire, Zambia, Cameroon and Angola.
The conference will provide invaluable insights into the challenges faced in English-speaking, Francophone, and Lusophone African jurisdictions and explore current trends and developments in construction, focusing on the financing, contracting, and dispute resolution spectrum. The conference aims to foster discussions around practical solutions and strategies for navigating the ever-changing construction landscape.
The conference highlights include:
- Full plenary sessions over two days, covering key topics such as legal frameworks, dispute resolution, and infrastructure challenges;
- Interactive networking sessions, which will enable attendees to connect with leading experts and industry stakeholders;
- The highly anticipated ACL Annual Gala Dinner and Awards ceremony, attended by sponsors and stakeholders.
Key Session Topics Include:
- Legal frameworks and standards in construction law and dispute resolution in Africa;
- Mitigating the adverse effects of currency fluctuation, inflation, supply chain disruption, and taxation on contracts and projects;
- Alternative dispute resolution mechanisms in the construction sector;
- Capacity building and professional development in construction law and dispute resolution; and
- Effective management of construction claims or disputes.
To learn more about the conference program, please visit the conference page at https://africaconstructionlaw.org/conference-2023/.
Further details on the Conference is as follows:
Event: The Africa Construction Law Conference 2023
Theme: Construction Law in Africa: Navigating Turbulent Times
Date: Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th June 2023
Time: 8.30AM WAT
Venue: Maradiva Hall, Twin Waters, Oniru, Lagos.
To register for the event, please click bellow: https://africaconstructionlaw.org/acl-2023-registration/