Our client, a full service law firm is seeking to fill the role of an Intellectual Property Lawyer who will be responsible for providing legal advice on our business matters, such as patents, contracts, labor agreements, regulatory measures, taxation, and intellectual property rights.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for researching cases, drafting contracts, developing diverse corporate procedures, managing budgets, ensuring regulatory compliance, drafting codes of conduct, litigating course cases, and facilitating corporate mergers.
The ideal candidate will be a lawyer with core experience in business administration and operations.
Summarized Job Description:
- Negotiate and resolve patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret nonlitigation disputes.
- Manage trademark opposition matters.
- Manage patent clearance and brand expansion activities, including by working closely with internal and external IP professionals to determine trademark and patent filing strategies.
- Provide legal advice to company departments, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Communicate with and direct outside contacts, including outside counsel and consultants, on intellectual property matters.
- Coordinate and communicate efficiently and effectively with the attorneys, legal analysts, litigation assistants and other support staff professionals to ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Support attorneys and other case team members in IP cases from the pre-suit investigation through trial phases.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the various Legal Resources attorneys regarding the handling of transactions, disputes and other legal matters involving intellectual property and including assistance with product claims.
- Assists with or assumes responsibility for other legal projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a BL/ LLB
- 8-13 years post call experience.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property laws with a focus on patent, trademark, and copyright law.
- Advanced level of computer literacy.
- Experience with multiple domains of IP practice (e.g., more than one of asset development, risk mitigation, data and analytics, portfolio management, licensing, transactional due diligence, patent and non-patent IP assets/risks).
- Ability to attract, maintain and retain clients.
Method of Application
Interested & qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail. Receipt of applications deadline: January 13, 2023.
DNL Legal & Style makes no guarantee about positions listed on job openings published on this site and is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of the employment process. It is the responsibility of job seekers to research the integrity of the organization(s) to which he/she is applying and to verify the specific information pertaining to the job posting. Job seekers should exercise due diligence and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position.