About the job
- Maintain the litigation portfolio in liaison with the Team Lead, Litigation.
- Review court processes and provide relevant opinions in view of litigation matters.
- Support in the engagement and liaison with External Solicitors to ensure judicious representation of the Company’s matters in court, alternative dispute resolution while mitigating cost for the Company.
- Support in negotiation of solicitors fees and payment of same.
- Negotiating, Drafting, Review and execution of Agreements including but not limited to Non-disclosure Agreements, Oil & Gas Agreements, Sales/Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Company Secretary/General Counsel.
- Extensive knowledge on Litigation.
- Extensive knowledge of court and legal processes.
- Extensive knowledge of industry regulations, policies etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an impeccable an impeccable mastery of the English language.
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form that considers cultural norms and the client’s best interests.
- Ability to work effectively alone and in a team for the achievement of organizational goals.
- Ability to pay attention to details and work with little or no supervision
- Awareness of dispute resolution processes, especially litigation
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
- Awareness of regulatory issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- Relevant post-graduate degree is an added advantage.
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies is required: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the legal function, preferably experience in litigation, dispute resolution, drafting, reviewing and execution of contracts.
- Experience in a top-tier Law Firm or in Multinational Corporation.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Benefits found in job post
- Medical insurance
DNL Legal & Style makes no guarantee about positions listed on job openings published on this site and is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of the employment process. It is the responsibility of job seekers to research the integrity of the organization(s) to which he/she is applying and to verify the specific information pertaining to the job posting. Job seekers should exercise due diligence and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position.